Monday 29 January 2007

Money and responsibilities

On Friday I was called by the new temp agency I joined about a post being offered at the British Dental Ass.

Now the reason I currently do temp work is so I can finish on a Thursday and clean Friday mornings, do all the stressful things we used to take up our weekends doing and then go and get the boys in time to be home again around 7pm (without being caught in the rush to leave London and get some clean air with everyone else). Adam is having some problems at the moment, at home as well as at school. He is bullied psychologically at home by the stepmonster who rarely acknowledges his presense and because his father doesn't want the confrontation he won't raise this with her. The last time he did she got up and took their daughter (the boys sister) with her. And at school it is the usual things but particularly difficult for Adam living in Chav Town where it can get nasty.

So I discussed with Adam who wants me to take it because we need the money, thing is we don't NEED the money, it would be nice but we don't need it. I asked Adam to call me if he arranged to go out with any friends over the weekend so I would feel confident in saying yes to an interview and not being able to collect the boys until a saturday morning. Feel safe in the knowledge Adam has a life outside waiting to see me and the minor deity every weekend. No text.

He says this evening though that this is fine with him but I might not be there and don't want to give up the little extra time I might have gained in being able to make a positive difference in their lives. Help help. Best thing I guess s to wait and see what happens, I may not get past hte first interview and until that time theres not much point worrying.

No comments: